French Fridays with Dorie – Tzatziki

by Jessica on August 2, 2013

Tzatziki by My Baking Heart #weightwatchers

It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted a ‘French Fridays’ recipe. In the past few months, C changed jobs, we bought a house and we’ve been marrying off our friends left and right! Each week I meant to post, but there was never enough time and frankly, I didn’t want a bunch of leftovers to go to waste.

I couldn’t be happier with this week’s recipe, though. I’ve mentioned before that I dated a Greek guy while I was at TCU. And while he was no where near Greek God material, his mother was absolutely brilliant in the kitchen. This Tzatziki recipe from Dorie brought back a flood of memories from that time… I seriously wanted to sit on the couch with the mixing bowl and a big ol’ spoon for the rest of the night. It’s that good!

And to keep in line with ‘Foodies Shedding Booties’, I used a non-fat variety of Greek yogurt. Still tangy and rich, but without all the fat! It’s perfect as a sauce over chicken, topped on crudités or just by itself.

Tzatziki by My Baking Heart #weightwatchers

Click over to the ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post on the FFwD site to see interpretations of this recipe from my fellow Doristas!

#151 – Tzatziki (pg. 24)
PointsPlus™ Value: 0 (per 1/4 cup serving)

Tzatziki by My Baking Heart #weightwatchers

1 Kim August 2, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Yum! This reminds me of a few summers ago, I was out in California visiting one of my best friends. Her then fiance (now husband) made turkey burgers with tzatziki. They were pretty darn tasty!

2 Cher August 2, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Welcome back – this was a great recipe to jump back in with 🙂

3 Kathy August 2, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Welcome back! And congrats on the house! This was a yummy, healthy recipe and easy, too!

4 gloria August 2, 2013 at 6:47 pm

look delicious!!

5 Dessert By Candy August 2, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Welcome back and congrats on getting your new home! I took a lengthy break from FFwD myself too and just started taking part again regularly. Isn’t it awesome how a dish, a taste memory, can bring back thoughts about the past?

6 Liz August 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I love when food brings back a flood of memories! Your tzatziki looks divine!!

PS. So nice to have you joining us again 🙂

7 Betsy August 2, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Sounds like you’ve been busy with life, all in a good way. It’s nice to see you this week. This was healthy and delicious, a good one to rejoin on. Looks delicious.

8 Alice August 3, 2013 at 12:56 am

Man, I just brushed my teeth, but that looks like a snack platter worth digging into RIGHT NOW!! 🙂 Looks great! 🙂

PS I’m in the same boat as you btw,… meaning to post with the best of intentions and time just keeps getting away from me every day!:(

9 Christy August 3, 2013 at 9:13 am

I’m ready to dig into a bowl for breakfast this morning! and no WW points – even better!

Congratulations on all the changes –

10 Diane Balch August 3, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Welcome back and with a light and healthy dish.

11 Tricia S. August 6, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Welcome back and good for you for dealing with life and returning when you can. And a great week to get back in – even more so with your “Greek memories”. And you had me LOL with the foodies shedding booties- that is one link I definitely need to check out !

12 Trevor August 16, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I actually did sit down with the remaining bowl and a spoon and polish this off. Finally got to it for our make up week. So many many more to do…