French Fridays with Dorie – Ispahan Loaf Cake

by Jessica on March 22, 2013

Ispahan Loaf Cake from My Baking Heart

This week’s FFwD recipe is one inspired by Monsieur Pierre Hermes. Pretty in pink… the first words that came to mind when I pulled this sweet little loaf out of the oven. Created with ingredients such as creamy butter, sifted almond meal and Confectioners’ sugar, (among others), rose syrup and extract blend together to produce the hue, while fresh raspberries make it pop.

My loaf didn’t turn out as high and fluffy as I’d hoped, but it was still a moist and tasty cake to snack on with a cup of dark-roasted coffee. The bake time is long (almost an hour), so you’ve got plenty of time to move about and get things done, say like two loads of laundry and a sink full of dishes. ;)

Ispahan Loaf Cake from My Baking Heart

To see how the other Doristas fared this go-round, click over to the ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post on the FFwD site!

#132 – Ispahan Loaf Cake (pgs. 440-441)

Ispahan Loaf Cake from My Baking Heart

1 Cher March 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I guess that doing house chores isn’t so bad as long as there is something sweet waiting at the end…

Lovely loaf :-)

2 Liz March 22, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Yeah, there were a TON Of dirty dishes with this one…but I loved the result, too!

3 Karen March 22, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Lovely! I think yours is the first pink cake I have seen! Glad this turned out well, even if it wasn’t as high as you expected. :)

4 TheKitchenLioness March 22, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Jessica, your cake has such a very pretty pink hue – it looks fabulous – I like that you did not add any glaze to it, it looks just right the way you made and presented it! Very lovely job!

5 Ei March 22, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Yours is the first one I’ve seen that actually looks at all pink. I wonder what the difference is? Mine isn’t remotely pinkish. Tasty, though. Looks good!

6 Krissy March 22, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Such a pretty pink cake that was your reward after all the dirty dishes. Even though I added a little glaze, I was actually pleased that this cake is not too sweet letting the lovely raspberries keep their identity. I like yours without the glaze…it shines with such a pretty pink color.

7 Kelsey March 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I love this. What a fun treat this would be for a champagne brunch with girlfriends!

8 Paula @ Vintage Kitchen March 22, 2013 at 2:39 pm

The color of your cake looks quite sophisticated, as was the cake. I loved it, and didn´t mind the dishes, though there were a lot to wash!

9 Diane Balch March 22, 2013 at 6:04 pm

My first attempt was pink… the center oozed out pink lava. Glad to see a pink cake intact.

10 yummychunklet March 22, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I love the color of your cake! Congrats!

11 Susan March 22, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Very nice, Jessica!

12 kitchen therapy March 23, 2013 at 4:57 am

Oh! Your cake is so pink and perfect!
Great work!

13 Adriana March 23, 2013 at 4:56 pm

I took a picture of my tons of dirty dishes… small price to pay for a tasty cake (or mini cakes in my case).

14 Cakelaw March 23, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I think you loaf looks just right. I think this cake was all about the moistness rather than being fluffy.

15 jora March 27, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Your cake is so pretty! Mine didn’t look pink at all. I wish I understood why.

16 Mary Hirsch March 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Jessica, how the heck did you get your cake to turn out pink? That is exactly as Dorie described it and you are the first to come through with a pink loaf cake? Did you have to say some magic words? Did you sweet talk the rose extract or rose syrup? Or, did you toss in a little red food coloring. Wasn’t this good. We were all over the road map on this one — some cakes “rose” higher than others. Yours looks delicious and I am glad to know that the honeymoon is finally over and your back to doing laundry and dishes!!! That’s a nice dessert to add to your menu repertoire.

17 Jessica March 28, 2013 at 11:18 am

Luck, Mary! No red food coloring, I promise! :)