French Fridays with Dorie – Herbed Olives

by Jessica on November 23, 2012

Herbed Olives by My Baking Heart

I love simple recipes that turn out incredibly delish. There are so few ingredients in this, that your pantry most likely already holds them all. And the prep time fits any schedule, no matter if you need them for tonight’s dinner or next week’s cocktail party.

These olives were perfect as pre-Thanksgiving buffet appetizers last night. And they ended up as such a hit that I made extra jars this morning for my sister and aunt to take home with them. They were super excited, of course… who wouldn’t be? :)

Herbed Olives by My Baking Heart

Click over for a list of this week’s participants on the FFwD ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post!

#115 – Herbed Olives (pg. 16)

Herbed Olives by My Baking Heart

1 Trevor Sis Boom November 23, 2012 at 6:19 pm

What a great gift to give family to take home!

2 Teresa November 23, 2012 at 9:01 pm

You are a great sister!

3 Betsy November 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Looks like a delicious jar of olives. How nice to send your guests home with olives of their own!

4 Cher November 23, 2012 at 10:07 pm

This is a great “take home” treat – I would be thrilled to have a jar of these come home.
Hope you had a great holiday!

5 sanya November 24, 2012 at 12:03 am

Beautiful looking olives, I can’t wait to try these next week!
(I made a mistake with my schedule!)

6 Paula @ Vintage Kitchen November 24, 2012 at 4:49 am

This is a great gift, lucky sisters! They look perfect Jessica. Have a great weekend!

7 Candy (Dulce) November 25, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Great idea for the gifts! Your olives look delicious. We enjoyed this one too. I made mine way ahead, and they turned out beautifully.

Glad you had a wonderful holiday!

8 Nana November 25, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I love those jars, perfect for gifts or to store all the lovely treats we make with Dorie. Your olives look delicious, both Tricia’s family and mine really enjoyed ours.
Have a great weekend.

9 Nicole @ The Marvelous Misadventures of a Foodie November 26, 2012 at 11:32 am

Mmm I love olives! Yours look gorgeous! This is a perfect party appetizer and it seems like one of those things that looks a whole lot facier and more complicated than it really is (and I like to impress people every now and again ;)

It would also make a pretty awesome hostess gift this time of the year – I mean everyone gives cookies, but olives can never be out-shined :)

10 Mary Hirsch November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm

To get up on Thanksgiving morning and make food gifts for your family – you are a marvel (and, very nice). Yes, these were great.