French Fridays with Dorie – Goat Cheese Mini Puffs

by Jessica on November 16, 2012

Goat Cheese Mini Puffs from My Baking Heart

I was a little ‘iffy’ when I saw that this week’s choice involved goat cheese. My mom never served it and even though I’ve been quite the foodie these past few years, I’d never bought any. However, after a very special tasting inside Remy (Disney’s French restaurant aboard the Fantasy), I’ve come to love this often sought-after cheese.

It was a calming task mixing the dough and preparing the cheese and once they were out of the oven, cooled and filled, I truly enjoyed them. It’s a perfect little appetizer to serve during your holiday cocktail parties or even as a side dish on the buffet table and I can’t wait to make them again… which will be very soon!

Goat Cheese Mini Puffs from My Baking Heart

Click over to the FFwD’s ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post for a list of this week’s bakers, where you’ll find links to their versions of this lovely little recipe!

#114 – Goat Cheese Mini Puffs (pg. 7)

Goat Cheese Mini Puffs from My Baking Heart

1 Cher November 16, 2012 at 11:03 am

I have to say, this is probably one of my top 10-15 favorite ideas from this book.
Beautiful puffs!

2 Patty November 16, 2012 at 11:46 am

Gorgeous puffs Jessica! I’m glad you finally tried and like goat cheese, it’s so good in these puffs;-)

3 Kathy November 16, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Beautiful puffs Jessica!! These are absolutely perfect for any appetizer table! So glad you enjoyed them!

4 Cakelaw November 16, 2012 at 4:41 pm

These were good – glad you got onto goats cheese.

5 Ashley - Baker by Nature November 16, 2012 at 5:23 pm

These look wonderful! I love goat cheese, so happy you tried it – it’s fabulous in so many things!

6 Betsy November 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Your puffs look perfect. I can’t wait to make them for a holiday potluck next month.

7 Andrea November 17, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Jessica, your Mini Goat Cheese Goug√®res look wonderful, great color and perfect “puff” – so nice to read that you enjoyed this recipe, even with the goat cheese! Nice pictures with the blue and white chequered plate!
Have a great weekend!

8 Tricia S. November 17, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I never used to eat much goat cheese as well and now I can’t get enough of it. Funny how tastes change- especially when you get that one recipe that turns the corner for you. Yours turned out lovely- well done !!

9 Mary Hirsch November 17, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Aren’t your mini-puffs lovely…….your close-ups really do these morsels of goodness justice. I’m hungry for them just looking at your pictures. Goat cheese is good, isn’t it, and very versatile. Put out a log of goat cheese, throw some fig jam, pepper jelly or another flavor over it and serve with crackers. Delicious. Simple.

10 Maria November 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

I know a lot of people who had an aversion for goat cheese until they got to taste a really nice…hell I was one of them myself until recently now I cannot stop eating it. The puff are looking super and yummy :)