Tuesdays With Dorie – Kids’ (Chocolate-Studded) Thumbprints

by Jessica on December 27, 2011

Photobucket

Could it be true? Our very last recipe in the big, beautiful book of Baking? 🙁

Tuesdays With Dorie has been such a major part of my life that I’m incredibly sad to say goodbye. Granted, a new group will soon begin in just two months time, with another of Dorie’s books, Baking with Julia, but I feel it just won’t be the same. The many friendships I’ve cultivated and the new challenges that have come my way have made the last four years something truly special.

Our final recipe is an easy one. Peanut Butter cookies rolled in chopped peanuts, then filled with a rich jam or (for the chocoholic, like me) chocolate chips. Baked in minutes, devoured in seconds, they’re some of Dorie’s finest ‘cookie jar’ cookies.

Photobucket

It’s with pride (and a bit of sadness) that I give you Dorie’s Kids’ Thumbprints, chosen by Ms. Dorie herself. You can find today’s recipe and a wonderful, teary-eyed post by clicking over to Dorie’s site.

Kids’ (Chocolate-Studded) Thumbprints (pg. 163)
Source: Baking – From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

Photobucket

To Laurie, Julie and especially, Dorie: From the bottom of my heart, thank you for four sweet years!!

1 dorie December 27, 2011 at 8:25 am

Teary-eyed is what you made me reading your post. It’s been a great four years and I’m looking forward to our being together for the next four … and more. xoDorie

2 Sabrina December 27, 2011 at 8:49 am

Your cookies look amazing! Yum!

3 cindy December 27, 2011 at 10:04 am

Thank you Julie for a sweet post. TWD is a great group. I’m happy to have been a small part.
Have a Happy New Year.

4 Michelle December 27, 2011 at 10:41 am

I really have enjoyed baking with you and all your sweet comments on my blog! I will mis TWD but we can look fwd to our new group! I have a feeling will all be baking together for a long time! Maybe will be little old ladies holding our mixing spoons 🙂

5 Cristine December 27, 2011 at 11:47 am

I agree with you! TWD had such a great dynamic and is one of a kind… not sure if any other group will ever feel the same way. Can’t believe it is over!!!

6 Kayte December 27, 2011 at 12:15 pm

You will be joining us nonetheless for the new venture, exactly the same or not, you have no choice or we will come and hunt you down and point out all the benefits to keeping up with all of us…right? Right. Your cookies look really good. And, come on, you chocolate lover, you want to make that chocolatey ruffled thing in the BwJ book, you know you do! 😉 See you in February!

7 Soma Sengupta December 27, 2011 at 12:45 pm

This is great. Thanks!

8 Katrina December 27, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Such a sweet and bittersweet ending to this wonderful group! Thanks for always stopping by my blog!

9 laurie December 27, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Thank you so much for being a faithful member of our special group. I am so very thankful for all of you that made it such a warm and encouraging adventure. I so hope you will join us for the next journey as well. Much love.

10 Karen December 27, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Love your post and your photo! 🙂 I am glad to have baked with you and I am looking forward to the new group in February! 🙂

11 spike December 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Sad to end but sweet cookies to keep us happy!

12 Clivia December 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm

“Baked in minutes, devoured in seconds” – Well said!
It seems like we worked our way through the book just as quickly.

13 Beth December 27, 2011 at 4:36 pm

It’s hard to believe that after all this time, the last recipe is still a winner!

14 Tracey December 27, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I can’t believe it either, how have we possibly reached the end?? I’m so glad I’ve had the opportunity to bake with you each week, your cheery posts always make me smile. I won’t be joining the new group, but I look forward to following along 🙂

PS – saw your news on Facebook, huge congrats!

15 Jennifer December 27, 2011 at 8:02 pm

What delicious looking thumbprints!

TWD has been so much fun!

16 joy December 27, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Beautiful cookies and photos!

17 Jill December 27, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I’m excited for the next group, but you’re right – it won’t be the same. This group has some magic and we were all lucky to be part of it!

18 Margaret December 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm

It has been fun hasn’t it. I am also doing Baking with Julia so i am sure we will meet often.

Your cookies look perfectly delicious.

19 Judy December 28, 2011 at 12:05 am

Beautiful cookies. I’m really surprised that we don’t all weigh 500 pounds after 4 years of goodie-making! Looking forward to the new book.

20 Cakelaw December 28, 2011 at 1:58 am

Great thumbprints and a great post. Hope you bake on next year.

21 natalia December 28, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Ciao ! Wonderful cookies ! I hope to bake again with you soon ! Baci and Happy New Year !

22 peggy December 28, 2011 at 3:08 pm

What lovely cookies and a lovely post. It is sad that this book is ending. We’ll have to stay in touch. Thank you for all your sweet comments through the years and your encouragement. Happy new year!

23 AnneStrawberry December 28, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Your cookies are so beautiful with their chocolate chips! I’ve loved TWD and am so grateful for everyone that baked along, thank you!

24 Michele December 29, 2011 at 4:44 am

Those cookies look amazing! I can’t believe that group is ending. I used to belong but got too busy at the time. I didn’t even know Dorie had another cookbook. How exciting!

25 Jacque December 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I know, I worry it won’t be the same after TWD. Your cookies are picture perfect… yum!

26 mike December 29, 2011 at 6:23 pm

I’m so glad this was an easy recipe – but it was HARD to make… very emotional. They look fabulous – I love the chocolate peanut butter combo. It’s been such a delight looking at everyone’s creations each week – including yours! Happy New Year!

27 Jessica December 30, 2011 at 7:23 am

It’s been such fun baking along with you, Jessica. I agree – the next group will be fun, but I can’t imagine it being the same. I love your chocolate/PB variation on these cookies – definitely the way I will make them next time!

28 Peggy December 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm

It’s been fun baking with you! Thanks for all your kind TWD comments. Happy Baking in 2012!

29 steph (whisk/spoon) December 30, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I’ve loved baking with you every week…your stuff always looks so beautifully and lovingly made! These cookies are no exception…I will definitely have to try them with chocolate myself

30 Liz December 31, 2011 at 10:48 am

These look so tasty and easy to make. Thanks!