Tuesdays With Dorie – Mini Pumpkin Madeleines

by Jessica on November 8, 2011

Mini Pumpkin Madeleines

As this post goes live, I’m preparing to leave behind San Francisco and one of the most amazing weekends of my life. I spent the last five days sightseeing and attending the 2011 Foodbuzz Festival in the Golden Gate City with Momma G. Talk about Foodie Heaven… it was filled with incredible food, history, big fun, lots of laughs, celebrity sightings and the pleasure of meeting some of the most fabulous ladies in the world. It’s one thing to ‘know’ them online, but it’s entirely another to meet them in real life. If you don’t already read these beautiful blogs, you should: What’s Cookin’, Chicago?, Pennies On a Platter, Sunny Side Up in San Diego, Mrs. Regueiro’s Plate, Prevention, R.D., I Made Dinner and Cate’s World Kitchen. I’ll definitely have a post dedicated to the Festival up in a bit… just as soon as I can hop off this plane and give C a huge hug and kiss! 🙂

For now, it’s about these gorgeous mini pumpkin madeleines! Since I had an open can of pumpkin in the fridge, I knew it’d be the perfect addition to this recipe. Along with the ingredients Dorie calls for, I added 1-1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a pinch of cloves, as well as 2 tablespoons of pureed pumpkin. Perfect for Fall and a sweet little reminder that Thanksgiving is just around the corner!

Mini Pumpkin Madeleines 2

Huge thanks to Di of Di’s Kitchen Notebook (a fellow Texan!) for serving as our hostess this week. If you’d like the recipe to Dorie’s original Mini Madeleines, click over to Di’s blog, where she has it listed. And if you’re in the mood to browse through the other bakers’ posts, head over to TWD and check out the ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post!

Mini Pumpkin Madeleines (pg. 172)
Adapted from: Baking – From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

Mini Pumpkin Madeleines 3

1 Michele November 8, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Sounds like a great time. I’m jealous! The madeleines sound delicious! Anything with pumpkin usually is. 😉

2 Nicole, RD November 8, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Such a hard weekend to leave behind. I was so sad leaving on Sunday 🙁 You ladies were all amazing and I am so happy we met! 🙂 You and your mom were a delight!

It’s funny you posted Madeleines because until I sampled one that I picked up from somewhere along the way this weekend, I had never had one. What a shame…they’re delicious! Gorgeous pictures!!!

3 Katrina November 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm

How fun, yummy and smart of you to put pumpkin in the madeleines!
So fun to have those trips to meet bloggers and SF is one of the best cities!

4 Nikki November 8, 2011 at 5:47 pm

You know, I’m with Nicole on this one. I’ve never had a madeleine, not even this weekend! These look fantastic and with the addition of pumpkin I know it’s a real treat!

Hope you and your momma made it home safely today. I really enjoyed the two of you and can’t wait to see you again someday! (You know, when I’m the maid of honor at your wedding.) 😉

5 Di November 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Those look gorgeous! I’ve added spices to madeleines before, but I hadn’t thought of adding pumpkin. Sounds like a great idea to me. =)

6 Tracey November 8, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I love your pumpkin variation Jessica, great adaptation! Looking forward to hearing about your trip 🙂

7 Jessica @Sunny Side Up November 9, 2011 at 11:24 am

I love your addition of pumpkin! I can’t wait to see the pictures you took this weekend. As everyone has been posting their pictures I’ve stealing some – so I’m looking forward to stealing some of yours too 🙂 Miss ya already!

8 Cate November 9, 2011 at 11:46 am

It was great to meet you!
I really need to get my hands on a madeiline pan!

9 raquel November 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm

wow that is a healthy madeleine I can’t wait to make one.

10 Eliana November 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm

These little beauties look to die for! Now I know what to do with the boatload of pumpkin puree I brought home from BJs the other day.

11 Cakelaw November 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Hey, lucky you – sounds like you had a fab time at Foodbuzz. Love the pumpkin spin on the mads.

12 Valerie November 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I can’t wait to read all about the Foodbuzz festival!
Your pumpkin Madeleines are adorable! Great idea to go with a seasonal flavour.

13 steph (whisk/spoon) November 11, 2011 at 4:14 pm

what a good take on these! sounds like you had a great weekend….i’d love to meet more of my fellow food bloggers in person.