French Fridays with Dorie – Deconstructed BLT & Eggs

by Jessica on September 30, 2011

Deconstructed BLT & Eggs | http://mybakingheart.com

As soon as the September ‘French Fridays with Dorie’ recipes were announced, I immediately raced home from work to spend a delightful lunch hour enjoying this beautiful salad. After gathering the ingredients, it takes just a few short minutes to toss it together and you’re on your way to a filling and incredibly delicious salad. Perfect for a quick weekday lunch or a casual first course al fresco. Why didn’t I think of this first? ­čÖé

Deconstructed BLT & Eggs | http://mybakingheart.com

Want to see how others interpreted Dorie’s BLT salad?? Check out the FFwD ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post… and if you still haven’t bought this book, you’re definitely missing out. Can you believe we’re coming up on our First Anniversary next month??

#54 – Deconstructed BLT & Eggs (pg. 133)
Adapted from: Around My French Table by Dorie Greenspan

1 Cher September 30, 2011 at 11:00 am

One year, already? Wow.
Salads like this should pop up in the middle of everyone’s work day. Just saying…

2 Steph I September 30, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Your salad looks great! Mine took me awhile longer, not sure why. I can’t believe we’ve been doing this for a year. Where does the time go?

3 Betsy October 1, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Amazing that after this recipe we start on year #2. It’s been fun, hasn’t it?
You must be super-organized to pull this together for lunch. It was fast, but I didn’t think it was that fast. No matter how long it took, it sure was delicious.

4 Elin October 2, 2011 at 11:26 pm

yea…better late than never. I made this for sunday lunch and guess what..I love it !

5 Teresa October 5, 2011 at 1:18 am

It’s hard to believe it’s been a year. The Cornish Hens are worthy of a celebratory supper, so they’re a good choice for the start of Year Two.

Your salad looks bright and lovely.

6 luciacara October 9, 2011 at 6:12 am

Your salad looks so fresh & delicious! I didn’t realize it was so quick to put together, too…for some reason, I thought it was going to be really involved so skipped it. I will have to try it soon!