French Fridays with Dorie – Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach

by Jessica on September 9, 2011

Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach | http://mybakingheart.com

Oh, Dorie. You know just how to pull on my heartstrings. Cream, cheese, garlic AND rice? Sounds like a bowl full of heaven.

This dish is incredible. It’s fresher, tastier and better for you than those sides from a box or a pouch – the extra minutes it takes to prepare are totally worth it, too. Tight on time? Just prep the spinach two to three days before, pull it out of the refrigerator right before you need to add it in and you’re good to go! Serving this along with next week’s Cinnamon-Crunch Chicken and a salad made for a breezy little dinner al-fresco with C and my parents. So nice, that I think I’ve gotten a little spoiled with this past week’s low temps… I just hope it continues and all of this gorgeous weather hasn’t been a fluke! 🙂

Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach | http://mybakingheart.com

To see who else participated this week, hop on over to the ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post on French Fridays With Dorie… and if you still haven’t put this book in your library, you’re missing out! Not only is it filled with great weeknight meals and fancy dinner party courses, but the baked goods rank right up there with the ones from Dorie’s ‘Baking’ book!

#51 – Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach (pg. 380-381)

Creamy, Cheesy, Garlicky Rice with Spinach | http://mybakingheart.com

1 Elin September 9, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Yours look nice with the cinnamon crunch chicken…thanks for a preview of the cinnamon crunch chicken 🙂 I cant wait to cook that !

2 Krissy September 9, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Such a beautiful meal you created. I looked through the recipe for the chicken and was not excited…just thinking soggy cookie crumbs covering chicken, but yours looks great. I have new enthusiasm for next week.

3 Ei September 9, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I was about to comment about how great your meal looked, but then I got distracted by those awesome looking cookies in the following post. Oh, baby! lol I’m glad for the sneak peak of the cinnamon crunch chicken, too, b/c I have absolutely no clue what to expect from that one.

4 Rose September 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm

I agree that the rice was delicious, but I must admit that I am a bit hesitant about next week’s cinnamon chicken recipe. Glad to see that someone has already tried and approved it. Gives me a bit more courage to charge ahead. Looks like you put together a delicious dinner!

5 Steph I September 9, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Looks terrific! I wanted to make it with the chicken too, but couldn’t find speculoos. It was a tough grocery store week for some reason.

6 Maya@Foodiva's Kitchen September 9, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I bet this rice tasted wonderful with that cinnamon crunch chicken. Your rice also looks waaay healthier than mine, i think I overdid it with the cheese. Can’t wait to try the chicken for next week!

7 Confessions of a Culinary Diva September 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Looks delicious! I’m dying to know what you thought of the chicken. I can’t find the cookies in our markets and am going to have to resort to makign them – hoping it is worth it and not too sweet with the chicken!

Happy French Friday!

8 Frankly Entertaining September 9, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I can’t wait to try this rice. Am I the only thinking Cap’n Crunch Chicken every time I see the name of next week’s recipe?! Everything you made looks delicious!

9 Betsy September 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Wasn’t the rice decadent? And so easy. Thanks for the preview of the cinnamon-crunch chicken. I’m a little wary of it, but it looks more appealing on your plate than written as a recipe.

10 gaaarp September 9, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Looks great! This one was as good as it was easy.

Don’t fear the cinnamon-crunch chicken. It’s great, too!

11 Elaine September 10, 2011 at 12:13 am

Such beautiful colors on your plate, Jessica! Your dish turned out so pretty. It’s nice to have a sneak preview of next week’s dish. 🙂 Have a great weekend!

12 sanya September 10, 2011 at 5:44 am

Your dish looks fantastic!
I wondered what the cinnamon chicken would look like!

13 Alice September 10, 2011 at 7:20 am

Wasn’t it delicious??? : ) I am looking forward to making the cinnamon crunch chicken this coming week, but until then, I have a few Japanese dishes to indulge in! 🙂 Have a good weekend!

14 Cher September 10, 2011 at 7:37 am

We had ours with the cinnamon crunch chicken too! The family really liked the combination (even the fussy one…)

15 Cakelaw September 10, 2011 at 8:22 pm

This was good, wasn’t it. Will definitely make this one again.

16 Teresa September 14, 2011 at 7:26 pm

It sounds like I should have made the cinnamon crunch chicken this week – everyone who paired these two recipes has been so pleased with it. Oh, well – now I’ll have the combination in mind for the future. 🙂

17 Eliana September 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

A bowl of heaven indeed! Delicious!!!

18 JK Tasty Mayhem September 18, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Looks like a great combination! We love the flavors of the rice, even if in the end I put my own spin on it. Am really enjoying seeing how everyone’s chicken dish turned out too.