French Fridays with Dorie – Corn Soup

by Jessica on September 2, 2011

Corn Soup | http://mybakingheart.com

It’s a glorious day in TCU-land… C & I are headed South to watch the Frogs stomp the Baylor Bears at tonight’s season opener and I cannot wait to get on the road! The car is full of gas, everything in sight is a gorgeous shade of purple (from my violet bag to my fingers & toes), I can hear the Fight Song playing softly in the distance and my belly is full of this silky and smooth Corn Soup.

It’s super easy to whip up and even tastier to devour. I made a huge batch and shared it at work with six special people (with leftovers for today’s lunch!). We poured it over Hatch Tortilla Chips from Central Market, then topped it with a chunky pico and cool sour cream. This was a wonderful dish to celebrate the end of Summer… even though it continues to hover around 100 degrees every day. Fall?? Please say you’re hiding around the corner!!

Corn Soup | http://mybakingheart.com

To see who else participated in this week’s French Fridays With Dorie, check out the ‘Leave-Your-Link’ page!

#50 – Corn Soup (pg. 60-61)

GO Frogs! ­čśë

1 michelle September 2, 2011 at 10:16 am

Oh, that looks wonderful! I did a Mexican variation with mine too. Pico de Gallo and sour cream sounds delicious! ­čÖé

2 Tammy September 2, 2011 at 10:27 am

I do like the idea of lending Mexican flavors to the soup!

3 Cher September 2, 2011 at 11:17 am

I don’t know how you guys are putting up with that heat streak down South. Hopefully, some relief will head your way soon.
The Mexican inspired add-ins are a great idea.

4 Candy September 2, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I too love the idea of the Mexican inspired add ins! Hope your team wins!

5 stacy :) September 2, 2011 at 2:15 pm

So delicious! The Mexican theme sounds so good with corn. And everything’s better with Hatch chilies!! Now let’s see what we can do about getting this summer over with – enough with these 100-degree days! Some rain would be nice too…

6 Krissy September 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm

This soup needs some good add-ins to help the blah ingredients. The garnishes really make this soup which is a base to build on. Yours looks delish. My bacon topping was good, but I’ll take Mexican any day. Great idea.

7 Betsy September 2, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I love your Texan add-ins. Sounds like a winner. I’d copy you, but I don’t think I’d find as truly authentic ingredients here in the Northeast. May your team win! I admire your enthusiam.

8 Elin September 2, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Corn soup with a touch of mexican in it…well done ! Thanks for such a creative one and I shall try some mexican add in the next time I cook this soup again. Mine was a first attempt at making creamy soup and I am glad it turned out great too .

9 Elaine September 3, 2011 at 9:50 am

Hi, Jessica! I hope you had a fun time at the game! What a great idea to serve this over tortilla chips and add pico de gallo as a garnish! I am going to try that next time.

10 Confessions of a Culinary Diva September 3, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hatch Tortilla Chips sounds like a fabulous addition. Wish we had a Central Market in our area. Your soup looks fabulous. Close game last night.

11 Adriana September 4, 2011 at 6:19 am

If football season is starting, fall is around the corner. I love your twist on the soup. The salty tortillas must have been fantastic with it.

12 sanya September 5, 2011 at 6:47 am

Your soup looks so good!
Love your enthusiasm for food and sport!
Hope your team won!

13 Margaret September 6, 2011 at 5:01 am

I loved this soup. It was so light and refreshing. Definitely a repeat.

After I had eaten I thought about using tortilla cfhips with it. Glad to know it was a good idea.

14 JK Tasty Mayhem September 6, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Great idea for the salsa add in! Your photo looks fantastic as well.

15 Teresa September 9, 2011 at 3:58 am

Lovely variation! Your bowl is so pretty, too.