Tuesdays With Dorie – Carrot Spice Muffins

by Jessica on August 9, 2011

Carrot Spice Muffins

Another day and another recipe closer to Fall! Dorie’s Carrot Spice Muffins made my week – they’re perfectly cakey with just the right amount of warm spice. And with this depressing heat wave that we’re going through, the muffins lifted my spirits and had me craving a Pumpkin Spice Latte… with a side of cool breeze! Just add a dollop of cream cheese frosting and you’ll be in heaven!

Carrot Spice Muffins 2

Nancy of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs is this week’s hostess – click over to her blog for the recipe and to see the other TWD bakers’ posts, check out today’s ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post!

Carrot Spice Muffins (pg. 14)
Source: Baking – From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

Carrot Spice Muffins 3

1 cindy August 9, 2011 at 10:20 am

Do you think it is too early to bake with pumpkin? I saw a recipe for pumpkin ice cream. If I made it I would have leftover pumpkin, so I couldn’t let it go to waste….Should I??
These muffins were yummy.
Have a great day.

2 Michelle August 9, 2011 at 10:34 am

I loved the cakey part of these muffins too! They were so moist and delicious! Sorry about your heat wave..come to Idaho..55* in the morning and heats up to 82* in the afternoon..we have perfect summer weather!!

3 Nicole August 9, 2011 at 10:48 am

I love fall and I can’t wait for fall baking. I have all these apple, pear, and maple recipes ready to go! I made a cake last night that was pretty fall-ish, but I couldn’t wait.

Your muffins rose so much! I really liked these, especially all the spices they contained.

4 tia August 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm

yours have perfect domed tops!

5 Katrina August 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm

See now you have the perfect crowning on your muffins. They look great! I think I’ll throw my remaining muffins in the freezer for a trifle later.

6 Spike August 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I agree, perfect crown on your muffins!

7 Margaret August 10, 2011 at 3:03 am

These were good, weren’t they. And yours look heavenly with all the goodies showing in the muffin. Great stuff’!!

8 Chaya August 10, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Ditto to all the above comments. This is a beautiful muffin which we know is delicious.

9 Nic August 10, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Those look worth turning the oven of for ;)

10 nancy/n.o.e. August 10, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Will you look at the perfection of the domes on your muffins!?! I agree that Fall baking is the very best. These muffins were just a bit autumnal for this time of year, but in the last few recipes of TWD it’s hard to stay strictly seasonal. I enjoyed the preview of Fall and it looks like you did also! Thanks for baking along with me this week.

11 Tracey August 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Wow, most gorgeous carrot muffins I’ve seen this week Jessica – look at those domes! Hope you guys get some relief from the crazy heat soon.

12 Jessica August 14, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’m with you, Jessica – fall can’t come soon enough! I wilt in the heat. :) These were a wonderful taste of fall in August. I love your muffin liners, by the way!