French Fridays with Dorie – Bacon, Eggs and Asparagus Salad

by Jessica on May 20, 2011

Bacon, Eggs and Asparagus Salad | http://mybakingheart.com

As strange as the name sounds, this salad packs a mighty impressive punch. As a whole, it’s completely outside of my norm; I would certainly eat any of the ingredients on their own, but putting them together never occurred to me (besides the bacon & egg, of course). And since I’m not a fan of the yolk, I fried just the white for a nice little scramble. It’s not exactly as Dorie planned, but it’s pretty darn close… and it made a nice, solo lunch for me yesterday afternoon.

Bacon, Eggs and Asparagus Salad | http://mybakingheart.com

To follow along on our French journey, hop over to the ‘French Fridays with Dorie’ page for a list of our future recipes. There’s also a ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post featuring other salads from this week’s participants – enjoy!

#35 – Bacon, Eggs and Asparagus Salad (pg. 130-132)

Bacon, Eggs and Asparagus Salad | http://mybakingheart.com

1 yummychunklet May 20, 2011 at 8:07 am

I like the white bits of your fried egg in the salad. It’s actually a nice twist!

2 Kathy May 20, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Nice take on this salad. Very nice photos! Looks delicious!

3 Renee @kudoskitchen May 20, 2011 at 3:29 pm

This salad wasn’t the “norm” for us either but we were very pleasantly surprised with the unique flavor combination. Your looks yummy and I like how you just added the egg whites to suit your tastes.

4 Dessert By Candy May 20, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Hey, the scrambled white works and it cuts down on some calories! This salad is by no means a light meal if we follow the recipe as written. 🙂

5 KarenP May 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm

New combination of ingredients for us too, but we loved this salad! Yours looks great, and I’m glad you found a way to enjoy it without the yolk.

6 Anne May 20, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Beautiful, vivid colors in your photos! Also love the whole design of your webpage, especially the banner and customized social “buttons”.

7 Krissy May 20, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Beautiful salad. Nice idea for the egg use…my hubby would like it your way.

8 Elaine May 20, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Your salad looks wonderful, Jessica! What a great idea to scramble the egg whites only. I really like how everyone has adapted this salad to their own tastes!

9 Kate at Diethood May 20, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I like your take on this salad… I at first thought that you had put feta on top, but it’s an egg! 🙂 It looks yummy good!

10 pachecopatty May 20, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Jessica, you’ve created a beautiful salad and I would love this for lunch myself;-)

11 Teresa May 21, 2011 at 7:26 pm

The salad looks beautiful and cooking only the white must certainly qualify it as heart healthy, don’t you think? 😉

12 Candy May 22, 2011 at 7:12 am

Your salad is beautiful!

13 kitchenarian May 22, 2011 at 8:18 am

One of the things I like so much about FFWD is seeing all the different interpretations of the same recipe. Great job.

14 Adriana May 22, 2011 at 9:09 am

I love your version and pictures! Like Kate, I also thought the egg whites were feta cheese. This morning I woke up realizing that this salad is probably the best approximation the French have to a Cobb salad… or would it be the other way around?

15 Tricia S. May 22, 2011 at 9:24 am

Beautiful results – looks like a gorgeous chopped salad. I am with you about the runny yokes and could not eat them myself. Nana loves them so this was a home run for her, but I am waiting till my hubby and boys (all runny egg lovers) are all home to test this one out in full. Nice to know I can twist it around as you did for myself. Great job !!