French Fridays with Dorie – Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak

by Jessica on April 29, 2011

Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak | http://mybakingheart.com

I’m not a huge fan of steak. I’ll eat it if served (my momma taught me to be polite), but it’s not the first thing I gravitate towards when I’m looking at a menu. Being 3/8 Comanche, I should crave the stuff, but most of the time I’m just not in the mood for beef. Which is why when this recipe came up, I instantly knew who’d be having steak for dinner… Daddy and Momma G. It’s times like these that it’s nice to have taste-testers living next door to you.

It was literally ready in less than 20 minutes and they both agreed that it was one of the best steaks they’d tasted in a long time. R even came over to have a bite and she loved it, too. I’m no Ruth’s Chris, but a comment like that can really brighten my day… obvious props to Dorie, of course, for writing the recipe! 😉

Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak | http://mybakingheart.com

To see other pepper steaks from the French Fridays with Dorie group, check out the ‘Leave-Your-Link’ post. And grab a copy of the book already! We’re a fun group to join!

#32 – Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak (pg. 238-239)

Bistrot Paul Bert Pepper Steak | http://mybakingheart.com

1 Adriana April 29, 2011 at 9:05 am

Beautiful pictures, Jessica! You must be very proud to serve your parents this beautiful dish. The steaks are cooked perfectly!

2 amanda @ fake ginger April 29, 2011 at 9:40 am

Yours looks just like the photo in the book! I’m not much of a steak person either but it was nice to get out of my comfort zone. 🙂

3 Eileen Anderson April 29, 2011 at 9:51 am

Wow–yours looks so much prettier than mine! ha! Beautiful job!

4 Trevor Sis. boom April 29, 2011 at 10:35 am

I always think the best thing to have with a steak is a green salad. And it looks so great on the plate!

5 Krissy April 29, 2011 at 11:38 am

Perfect! Your steak and meal look just exactly perfect. I think I would like yours better than Ruth’s Chris…nixw work.

6 Kathy April 29, 2011 at 3:14 pm

How nice that you have such wonderful taste testers living next door and I am sure they are so delighted that you made such a wonderful dinner for them. Looks great and your sauce looks perfect!

7 yummychunklet April 29, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I love the look of your steak and sauce. How lucky your parents are to “taste test”!

8 Tricia S. April 30, 2011 at 7:30 am

I am with you – I got rave reviews from my steak loving family (they have convinced Nana – who took a bye this week to try it later) and I am sucker for that 🙂 Yours looked stunning and extra credit points for the charming “bistro” plate !

9 Cher April 30, 2011 at 7:36 am

Lucky parents! It is always great to have built-in “victims”.
It looks lovely – and you didn’t have to leave anyone an outrageous tip 🙂

10 Mary April 30, 2011 at 7:33 pm

This looks wonderful. I’m relatively new to your blog and don’t often comment. I just wanted to let you how much I appreciate the food and recipes you feature here. You’ve created a lovely spot for you readers and I’ve enjoyed my visit. I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

11 Cakelaw April 30, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Your steak looks fab – and I too loved how quick this was to prepare.

12 Teresa April 30, 2011 at 11:26 pm

My parents live an hour away, so I think you’re lucky to have taste-testers living so close to you. Your steak looks wonderful and salad is a nice, light side.

13 Candy May 1, 2011 at 6:10 am

Your steak looks picture perfect!