Gluten-Free Double-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Jessica on January 10, 2011

Gluten-Free Double-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies | http://mybakingheart.com

I can’t imagine being unable to enjoy any foods that contain wheat, rye, barley or oats. I’m a big fan of oatmeal… and don’t forget about those ever-important cakes, cookies and brownies that include flour. So, when my friend Adam, who suffers from Celiac Disease, asked me if I had any yummy Gluten-Free recipes up my sleeve, I was at a loss… I’d never had to worry about feeding someone that was gluten intolerant. I immediately got to work, though, and found these.

Adam complained of not being able to find a sweet treat that actually tasted ‘sweet’. And isn’t that just awful? These cookies aren’t just sweet, but they’re incredibly easy to put together, too. It literally takes less than 10 minutes and they’re ready for the oven. They actually taste like a chocolate chip cookie and not a piece of flavorless dough. I’d say mission accomplished.

Gluten-Free Double-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies | http://mybakingheart.com

Gluten-Free Double-Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yield: 2-1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients

• 2-1/2 c almond flour
  • 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 c canola oil
  • 1/2 c agave nectar
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c almonds, chopped

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda. In a medium bowl, combine canola oil, agave nectar and vanilla extract. Stir wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold chocolate chips and almonds into batter.

Spoon heaping tablespoons of dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, pressing each down a bit with the palm of your hand to flatten. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 20 minutes, then serve.

Adapted from: the Almond Board of California

1 yummychunklet January 10, 2011 at 9:19 am

These look extremely easy to make. I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy Agave nectar, and I have a friend who can’t eat gluten (who I owe baked treats to!) This is a great recipe!

2 Debra January 10, 2011 at 9:26 am

WOOHOO!

I’m moving towards gluten free. I have a slight intolerance,but can still eat it, although I can tell when I’ve had a lot of wheat products.

Anyway, these look amazing! PLEASE share as you find more great recipes!

3 Jenn January 10, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Beautiful! GF cookies have been the bane of my baking skills… I may have to try this recipe!

4 Amy (Sing For Your Supper) January 10, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Beautiful pictures! That cookie on the far right looks like it has a heart shaped almond in it! ­čÖé

5 Kristin January 10, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Mmmmmmmmmm. I love that they have almonds in them!

6 Nicole January 10, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Yay! I’m excited to see gluten-free treats on here. I can’t wait to try these!

7 Sandy Rhoades January 12, 2011 at 8:27 am

I have sent Adam cookbooks, and some gluten free products from time to time and suppor his efforts. This is great! I didn’t know you had this blog, but I have bookmarked it and will check it from time to time, as I enjoy cooking. By the way – a GREAT photo of you and your sister on the current Crow Calls.

8 lil @ sweetsbysillianah January 20, 2011 at 10:42 pm

hi, i found you via Baking is Hot…what perfect timing – i just picked up some agave recently and was looking for recipes to test out – these look perfect! i haven’t tried any gluten free recipes b/c a lot of them use so many different types of flour but i always have almond flour on hand to make macarons… i can’t wait to try them! =)

9 Paul January 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Holy yum … I have to make these now!

10 Melanie September 14, 2012 at 7:24 pm

I love the cookies but I dont think they come out correctly…they are not as flat as yours and yours look more like a cookie. I seem to have more of a crumbley mess…but they taste great ­čÖé