BAKED Sunday Mornings – Sweet & Salty Brownies

by Jessica on December 5, 2010

Sweet & Salty Brownies 2

Welcome to the second week of BAKED Sunday Mornings! This week’s choice is Matt & Renato’s famous Sweet & Salty Brownies. After the overwhelming response they received from their Baked Brownie, the boys decided to take things over the top. And what they produced was amazing… totally rich and sinful.

I made these about a month ago, just after their book tour stop in Dallas. And since I’m trying to be good about not overindulging this Christmas, I didn’t make them this week. I’m not fooling anyone… I could definitely eat the entire pan. Which is not a good thing (sorry, Martha). I’ll make them again once the new year rolls around. I’m hosting a wedding shower for my little sister, so these will be perfect treats for the guests!

Sweet & Salty Brownies

If you haven’t checked us out yet, click over to BAKED Sunday Mornings – there you’ll find a list of all the bakers. And you can even sign yourself up to bake along! What are you waiting for? Grab the book and join in! 🙂

#2 – Sweet & Salty Brownies (pg. 93)
Source: Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis & Renato Poliafito

Sweet & Salty Brownies 3

1 yummychunklet December 5, 2010 at 1:01 am

These brownies look delicious, which is odd for me because I don’t usually care for them. Is that caramel in the middle??? If so, YUM.

2 mike December 5, 2010 at 1:44 am

So…. how did you get your caramel to actually show up as that middle layer? They are perfectly layered and look wonderful! Mine just kind of melted inbetween. But no bother – I LOVED that part of the brownie – caramel anything is my favorite. You’re so good about not overindulging – I’m sure the shower will love these (I know I did)!

3 Christina December 5, 2010 at 6:53 am

I love your pictures! I also loved these brownies; it’ll be hard to make any other brownie recipe now, these are my brownie standard!

4 Di December 5, 2010 at 7:30 am

Mmm. Chocolate and caramel with salt? I think it’s probably a good thing I don’t have that cookbook. =)

5 Elaine December 5, 2010 at 9:52 am

I love your brownie tower! These are sinfully delicious and now that I have seen and read tips on how to cut them perfectly I am going to just have to make them again. 🙂

6 Tracey December 5, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Oh yes, chocolate, caramel and salt – there isn’t anything not good about these 🙂 I got to taste them when a friend made them, but I haven’t attempted them myself, which is probably for the best!

7 Desiree December 5, 2010 at 5:13 pm

these looks so perfect. love the pretty plate.

8 Ann (napangel) December 5, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Oh. My. GOSH!!! I just love salt with chocolate. I’m going to have to pick up that book. Your brownies, and your photos, are drop-dead gorgeous. As usual!

9 Sandy December 6, 2010 at 9:42 am

This post is brownie perfection-very very nice. Did you slice and sandwich to get the caramel in the middle or do you have a secret to share ? In any case well done-the pics make me want to lick the screen.

10 Jessica December 6, 2010 at 11:35 am

Believe it or not, this is how they came out of the oven after I sliced them! I’m sure if I tried it again, it wouldn’t come out the same way! 🙂

11 Shelley December 6, 2010 at 10:42 am

These brownies sound divine! I missed this challenge but I’m enjoying drooling over everyone else’s efforts!

12 thetwistedchef December 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Gotta say … LOVE your blog. And I completely understand why you didn’t make these again when you’re trying to be good … these brownies keep calling my name (from the freezer even … and I usually forget about things once I store them there). Too good. But such a success. The boys did take the brownie to a whole other level of amazingness.

13 Bri December 6, 2010 at 9:55 pm

I hear ya! These brownies are soo dangerous, hazardous to the waistline! That’s why they make great gifts, though. I gave over half of mine away, and I still felt like I ate too many of them. They’re amazing.

14 steph (whisk/spoon) December 7, 2010 at 10:21 am

oh man, these look good. trust me when i say that i’ve made hundreds of batches of baked brownies, and these are spot on!

15 Candy December 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Love how there’s a visible layer of caramel in your brownies. Gorgeous photos too!

16 Eliana December 12, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I have had my eye on these brownies for a while now. You just gave me the inspiration I needed to make them already because yours look awesome.

17 Weekend Cowgirl December 15, 2010 at 10:45 am

Oh these look so yummy. I hate to make them because I know I can eat them all. I will make them before Christmas anyway! Merry Merry!