Happy National Bundt Day!!

by Jessica on November 15, 2010

Honey Streusel Bundt

That’s right. Today is National Bundt Day. So, what was I to do when I read that Mary of The Food Librarian was hosting a round-up celebrating this most awesome day? Make a Bundt… a big Bundt, ’cause… I like big Bundts and I cannot lie! (Come on, you knew I’d throw it in somewhere). 🙂

I chose this Honey Streusel Bundt because I’ve had it marked to try for over a year. And since I was attending an EK meeting that needed a sweet treat, this was perfect. I even used my heart-shaped bundt pan! It might not be a traditionally shaped Bundt, but it’s one of my favorites to make. Hearts have been special to me my entire life and it’s always perfect for those meetings… one of our symbols is a heart, after all.

This Bundt is great any time of the day. Breakfast, lunchtime snack, dessert after dinner, you name it. And the streusel just takes it over the top. Want a rich, warm, cinnamony feeling? You’ve found it here!

Honey Streusel Bundt 2

Streusel:
1/2 c light brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 c chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the yogurt and vanilla; stir to combine. In a separate bow, sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix well.

To make the streusel, mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter until all the ingredients are combined and damp. Stir in the pecans.

Put half the cake batter in the Bundt pan. Spread half of the streusel mixture over this. Add the rest of the cake batter, then sprinkle the remaining streusel on top. Bake the coffee cake for 40 minutes. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool further.

1 Janie November 15, 2010 at 8:47 am

Oh…Bundt day..I am going to have to put that on my calendar..
Bundt cakes are one of my favorites to make since they are just so easy and nearly ALWAYS come out right…even when your oven is funky!

I have to make your recipe, but I have never seen Stonyfield (my favorite brand) honey yogurt in any of the stores around here…I suppose vanilla wold work but I just Love the taste of honey..have to go visit the Whole Foods near me and ask them to stock it…

Thanks for the recipe…

2 Margaret November 15, 2010 at 10:52 am

Beautiful Big Bundt!! Love that heart shaped pan. How cute.

Thanks for this recipe.

3 yummychunklet November 15, 2010 at 12:46 pm

I love the heart-shaped bundt! So cute!

4 Jessica November 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm

A heart-shaped bundt…how sweet! Using honey in a bundt sounds unusual but so delicious.

5 Mary November 15, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Wow..I love the heart pan. I will have to try this recipe soon. I also celebrated National Bundt Day with an olive oil clementine bundt cake!

6 mike November 15, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Wow – I never have good luck wtih streusel cakes (especially bundts) – they always seem to “sink” – the streusel that is. What a beautiful cake – and I just have a whole carton of plain yogurt on hand (add some honey). I bet it was a hit for you – it’s perfect for breakfast OR dessert – beautiful bundt!

7 Di November 15, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I’m never going to find time to make all the bundts I’ve bookmarked… You’ve just added another one to my list. =) And that shape looks really neat.

8 Eliana November 16, 2010 at 9:38 am

Now that is one mighty fine lookin bundt! Wish I was chomping down on this one right now.

9 Tracey November 16, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I love your heart-shaped bundt pan Jessica. This bundt cake looks terrific – everything is better with streusel, right? 🙂 Happy (belated) National Bundt Day!

10 Katrina November 17, 2010 at 12:48 am

Mmm, that one looks and sounds awesome. I’m always all for struesel! Love the bundt shape, too. What a fun day! 😉

11 food librarian November 20, 2010 at 1:30 am

What a lovely Bundt! The heart shaped pan is lovely too. Thanks for celebrating National Bundt Day with me! I’m sending you the “I Like Big Bundts” button! 🙂 – best, mary the food librarian

12 Patty November 20, 2010 at 9:46 am

Happy bundt day indeed – what a pretty cake!