Tuesdays With Dorie – Espresso Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

by Jessica on August 31, 2010

Espresso Chocolate Shortbread

These are seriously, seriously good cookies. I took them to work on Friday as a treat for the ‘going-away’ spread we were having for one of our customer service reps and they were gone within 20 minutes. See what I mean? Just pair them with a good, hot cup of java and you’re good to go.

You can prepare the dough up to two days in advance, then cut ’em up and pop ’em in the oven whenever you’re ready – so easy it’s not funny. 🙂

Espresso Chocolate Shortbread 2

A big ‘thank you’ to Donna of Life’s Too Short Not to Eat Dessert First for this week’s pick – they were amazing!! The recipe is on Donna’s blog (make these TODAY!) and the other TWD bakers hang out here – check ’em out!

Espresso Chocolate Shortbread Cookies (pg. 125)
Source: Baking – From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

Espresso Chocolate Shortbread 3

1 Kayte August 31, 2010 at 8:51 am

I could not come up with a creative way to showcase these…that shows you how NOT creative I am over here…yours look so cute and fun all stacked up, why can I never think of anything like this??? Could it be because I live with guys and I know that they will be grabbing them as soon as they are cool enough to eat means that I don’t really have to think of cute things? Yeah, that might be it. Your cookies look great, love that dish!

2 Pamela August 31, 2010 at 10:30 am

What a great picture of the cookies! I’m looking forward to sharing these with the teachers at school. And thanks for weight loss support. 🙂

3 cindy harris August 31, 2010 at 11:08 am

Classy photos! Good cookie.

4 Mary August 31, 2010 at 11:33 am

Great photo. Great cookies.

5 Flourchild August 31, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I agree..great cookies I love your teal coloered dish and your cookies look so good!!

6 Jeannette August 31, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I think these wouldn’t last too long here either but most of my co-workers are celebrating Ramadan, so there’s a bunch left and I’m afraid to take them home and add them to my hips. Eep!

Your cookies look fab!!

7 Shandy August 31, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Gorgeous photos! I can see why the cookies were gone so fast, they look absolutely delicious!

8 Katrina August 31, 2010 at 10:01 pm

I agree, I was not even laughing at how easy and yummy these were! Yours look perfect!

9 steph (whisk/spoon) September 3, 2010 at 9:06 am

they look so good–i could just pluck one off the screen!

10 Eliana September 7, 2010 at 11:42 am

And as with pie, you can also make perfect looking cookies. I echo Steph’s sentiments – I want to eat one right off the screen right now.