Tuesdays With Dorie – Soft Chocolate & Raspberry Tart… and a YWPWT announcement!

by Jessica on March 16, 2010

Chocolate Raspberry Tart

A few months ago, I was asked to takeover You Want Pies With That?. The original hostesses were becoming quite busy with other things and didn’t have the time to devote to the site. So, my BFF Amy of Sing For Your Supper agreed to help me out, and we’ve slowly been working on plans. Our new banner and badge have been uploaded, so we’re almost ready to start anew! Head on over to check it out, become a fan on our Facebook page and grab that new badge for your blog! 🙂 We’re excited about what’s in store and we hope you’ll join us!!

Chocolate Raspberry Tart

Now, on to this week’s TWD! I was hesitant to make this… but only because it’s just me around here and I’m reeeeeeally trying hard to eat better. I take a lot of things to work, but most of the gals are on diets as well, so a lot of treats go uneaten. 🙁

With that said, this was SO good. Definitely one I’d make again, especially when I need a dessert for an event! It was rich, smooth, almost velvety with a beautiful chocolate finish… two thumbs up! And I only had a tiny slice. Yay, me!!

Thanks to Rachelle of Mommy? I’m Hungry! for this week’s choice! Check her blog for the recipe and TWD for the other bakers’ tarts!

Chocolate Raspberry Tart

Soft Chocolate & Raspberry Tart (pg. 354)
Source: Baking – From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

1 Amy Ruth March 16, 2010 at 12:29 am

Congratulations on eating only a tiny slice….nice job. Mine is going to a friend. hehe Its spring, by golly. At least some places it is. Anyway, very nice photos and good luck with You Want Pies With That? I hope you have fun and make lots of new friends.
AmyRuth

2 Rachelle March 16, 2010 at 12:38 am

Thanks for baking along with me this week! Your tart looks great! I’m glad you really enjoyed it.

Good luck with your new group, how fun!

3 Amanda March 16, 2010 at 7:00 am

That is truly a work of art!

4 CB March 16, 2010 at 12:33 pm

Beautiful. I love how vibrant the raspberries look with the deep chocolate color. Props for only eating a sliver. I do not have that kind of will power. Congrats on taking over YWPWT!
-CB

5 Elizabeth March 16, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Looks gorgeous and so chocolaty! How can you only have one slice?!

6 Leslie March 16, 2010 at 3:51 pm

This looks good enough to dive into! You’re so strong to only have a little bit.

7 pamela March 16, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Wow! What stunning and mouth-watering photos! Great looking tart.

8 Amy (Sing For Your Supper) March 16, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Yay for Pies!! 🙂 I can’t wait to get things going! Your tart looks wonderful, too!!

9 Tracey March 16, 2010 at 8:46 pm

Great photos – your tart is lovely! I skipped the raspberries because they were expensive but the tart was still good with just chocolate.

10 Romaine March 16, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Your tart is amazing. Did you crush your raspberries before pouring the chocolate over them? They look different from mine–like yours so much better.

11 Katrina March 17, 2010 at 12:31 am

Ooh, see, I love the consistency of how your chocolate looks. I may have overbaked mine just slightly or maybe the raspberries added some moisture. Whatever the case, I need to try this sometime with the berries!

12 Rach March 17, 2010 at 10:56 am

Your tart looks lovely! Yours looks a little more moist than mine. Definitely a keeper recipe! 🙂

13 Susan March 17, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Your tart looks beautiful! I sliced mine up and took it to work to give to others and save me from eating it all myself! Which I would have done…it was so good!

14 Andrea March 22, 2010 at 11:50 am

Your tart/pie looks amazing! We loved this one as well. Congrats on taking over YWPWT! I will have to check it out, never did get the chance to participate before but always wanted to. Love the new logo and banner 🙂

15 Kayte April 7, 2010 at 8:17 am

Picture perfect…your camera is so great, or maybe it’s you as the photographer! Either way, gorgeous stuff here.