Tuesdays With Dorie – Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia

by Jessica on February 9, 2010

Rick Katz Brownies

One word… okay, maybe three. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm. 🙂 That’s all I could ‘say’ after I took a bite of this week’s TWD fudgy brownies. Chosen by Tanya of Chocolatechic, these just hit the spot after lunch today. Although, I wish I had a big glass of milk instead of iced tea in a to-go cup!

I’m a member of both the nut-camp and the plain-camp, so this week I decided to add pecans to the recipe. This took them to a whole new level and I think I may have found my new go-to brownie! Great pick, Tanya!

Rick Katz Brownies 2

Rick Katz’s Brownies for Julia (pg. 91)
Source: Baking – From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan

1 Kayte February 9, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I was over visiting earlier but all I saw was the Nutella entry, now here I return and we have hearts…how cute are those??? Love that idea. They look so elegant on that plate, too. You win this week, yep, you win, these are the best!

2 Teanna February 9, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Oooh you like nuts and plain brownies! You are a better woman than I! No nuts here! I love your little hearts! So festive!

3 Tracey February 9, 2010 at 8:15 pm

Oooh, hearts, love them! I’m going to make these again this week and I think I’ll make hearts too 🙂 I absolutely loved these brownies even though I’m usually a cakey brownie person – they won me over!

4 Claire February 9, 2010 at 9:22 pm

I love the heart shapes – perfect for Valentines Day! 🙂

5 Nina February 9, 2010 at 8:51 pm

Your brownies look amazingly delicious! Love the heart shape–nicely done!! My sentiments exactly on the “mmmmm”..these might be the best brownies I have made!! Huge hit!

6 Heather B February 9, 2010 at 9:57 pm

cute hearts! I like my brownies with or without nuts too. Both are equally delicious!

7 Romaine February 9, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I like milk with my brownies too. The hearts are adorable. Perfect for this week.

8 Jeannette February 10, 2010 at 3:23 pm

your brownies look so elegant!! great job! and if i cut em into heart shapes like you did and cover with pink and red melted chocolate, they can double as vday gifts!!

i think i’ll give these a go again just in case i did something wrong the first time around because eeeeeveryone had good experiences with them but me.

9 Amy (Sing For Your Supper) February 10, 2010 at 3:43 pm

I love your plate!! That’s awesome that you found your go-to brownie! I skipped this week because, honestly, I’m just tired of brownies. I’ve been in a strictly cookie mood lately for some reason! Silly me…

10 Susan February 10, 2010 at 3:58 pm

My hubby doesn’t eat any dessert, especially chocolate ones, without a big glass of milk. I almost added walnuts to mine. Your heart brownies are darling!

11 Sook @ My Fabulous Recipes February 11, 2010 at 2:27 am

Love the heart shape! Looks fabulous!

12 Sinful Southern Sweets February 11, 2010 at 6:46 am

I’ve just bumped into your blog and I just want to say how much I love it!! I’m your newest follower!!
Oh, and these just look divine!!

13 theeclecticconnoisseur February 11, 2010 at 1:32 pm

I love your heart-shaped brownies. I added pecans to mine too, and I agree that they were a great addition!

14 Lynne February 12, 2010 at 11:23 am

Cute little heart shaped brownies-great for Valentine’s Day. I almost put nuts in mine.

15 Eliana February 18, 2010 at 12:18 pm