You Want Pies With That? – Holiday Spirit Pie

by Jessica on December 29, 2009

This month’s ‘You Want Pies With That?’ theme was to create a pie with true holiday spirit… and spirited it is! For inspiration, I used traditional Christmas eggnog with whiskey, nestled within a gingersnap crust. It’s velvety, rich, spicy and a snap to make (yep, pun intended). 🙂

Eggnog Pie

Whiskey Eggnog Pie with Gingersnap Crust

Crust:
1-1/2 c gingersnap cookie crumbs
1/4 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled

Filling:
4-3/4 oz package Jello vanilla pudding mix
2 c lowfat eggnog
1-1/4 c skim milk
2 tbsp whiskey
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
9″ graham cracker pie shell

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir together gingersnap cookie crumbs and butter. Mix well and press firmly & evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9″ pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes, then let cool before filling.

Cook pudding mix using eggnog and skim milk. Stir in whiskey and nutmeg, then pour into crust. Cover surface and chill for several hours before serving.

Eggnog Pie

I’ll leave you with a glimpse of the sweet sign C gave me for Christmas last Friday… seems fitting for this post, huh?? I love it (and I love you, C!!) – it’s an absolute perfect fit for my kitchen. Even though you’re in San Diego, you’re with me while I bake, too. 🙂

Photobucket

1 Natalie December 30, 2009 at 4:35 pm

what an interesting pie. Must be so good 🙂 Nice recipe 🙂

2 thé kenya December 31, 2009 at 8:16 am

Hello
My brother like pie very much and he always try different taste of pie.I will make this pie for him for this New Year celebration.Thank you very much for this new recipe of ‘Whiskey Eggnog Pie with Gingersnap Crust’.

3 Karine January 1, 2010 at 11:48 am

Your pie sounds delicious!

Happy New Year! 🙂

4 Katrina January 5, 2010 at 11:06 am

Oh yummy! I don’t even like eggnog, but put some whiskey in it, and I’m there!

5 Kelsey January 5, 2010 at 11:11 pm

Oh man, does this sound perfect! I’ll definitely be giving this a shot next year!

6 Eliana January 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm

This pie sounds outstanding. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

7 Mary Shaldibina January 8, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I’d like to personally invite you to join the CookEatShare Author network. CookEatShare has had over 2.5 million unique visitors in 2009, and I think they will be interested in your content. Users will be guided to your actual blog, so this is a free way to increase page views and visitors to your site.

Please contact me at mary@cookeatshare.com for more information, to get unique link to claim and customize your profile. Please visit http://cookeatshare.com/blogs/apply for additional information.