Pioneer Woman's 'Crispy Yogurt Chicken'

by Jessica on August 13, 2008

Crispy Yogurt Chicken 2

Wow. That’s all I can say, because other than ‘Wow’, I’m at a loss for words. This is some of the best chicken I’ve ever had. Ever.

I totally ignored PDub’s suggestion of less garlic (love me some garlic) and used a full 2 cloves. It was delicious… I can totally see myself making this my go-to chicken! Easy, fast, and SO tasty – absolutely perfect!! ­čÖé

Crispy Yogurt Chicken
Source: The Pioneer Woman

Chicken┬á– drumsticks, tenderloins, chicken breasts, etc.
2 c Plain, Unflavored Yogurt
2 cloves minced garlic
Handful, minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Juice from 1 lemon
Kosher Salt
Butter (optional)
Panko Bread Crumbs

Mix yogurt, garlic, parsley and lemon juice until combined. Thoroughly rinse chicken and salt well. Into another bowl, pour 2 c of bread crumbs and salt those, as well (you may need more bread crumbs as you go along). Butter (or oil) a small-medium baking dish and set aside. Begin by dipping chicken into yogurt mixture, then into the bread crumbs, making sure to evenly coat each piece. Lay chicken in baking dish, (place a tbsp of butter on each piece), then cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, then remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of chicken you use (drumsticks, tenderloins, etc.), until the pieces are golden brown.

1 Amy (Sing for your supper) August 13, 2008 at 11:00 am

Ok! You’ve convinced me – I’ll have to give this one a try! It looks fab, J! And are those the crash hot potatoes in the background??? ­čśë

2 Lori August 13, 2008 at 11:08 am

I trust PW and all (and really love reading her), but it’s always nice when someone else makes a recipe and has the same success! I saw those yesterday and wanted to make them, but then got sidetracked by a post on Noble Pig’s blog and had to make her dish for dinner last night. Maybe tonight I’ll try this, it looks so great!

3 joelen August 13, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I’m definitely trying this out… I’ve heard such raves!

4 Melissa August 13, 2008 at 3:12 pm

Looks delicious! Did you use chicken breasts? I don’t like dark meat, but was thinking of trying it with chicken breasts, but I don’t want them to be dry.

5 BMK August 13, 2008 at 3:55 pm

This recipe is officially on my list to try. Looks wonderful!

6 Erin August 13, 2008 at 7:28 pm

This recipe has gotten so many positive reviews lately! I really want to make it soon. Yours looks delicious!

7 Amber August 19, 2008 at 11:59 am

This looks fantastic, I can’t wait to try my hand at it.

8 jake February 22, 2009 at 8:50 pm

I tried this today with drums. I hour foil covered, then 20 minutes uncovered. Chicken coating was still mushy after that time. Finally put under broiler and it got somewhat browned but certainly not a crispy dish which i would have liked. The flavor was great though.
I went back this evening and checked my oven with a thermometer. 350 was 350 so don’t know what the problem might be.